Bitdefender Showcases its Expertise and Solutions
Bitdefender Indochina showcased its expertise and solutions at the prestigious Smart Cybersecurity Summit Thailand held at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Center in Bangkok on May 24, 2023. The summit brought together industry experts, cybersecurity professionals, and thought leaders from around the region to discuss and address the latest trends, challenges, and advancements in the cybersecurity landscape.
Bitdefender Indochina actively participated in the summit, leveraging their extensive experience and expertise in cybersecurity to contribute to the discussions and offer insights into the evolving threat landscape. They showcased their innovative solutions and engaged with participants, reinforcing their commitment to providing advanced cybersecurity solutions in the region to both management of current corporate clients as well as to new prospective customers. “It was a great event with Cybersecurity knowledge sharing, our booth was very busy and we had a great response, “ stated Pharitaree Phiphattanasukkul, Channel - Marketing Development Manager at Bitdefender Indochina.
Bitdefender Indochina actively participated in the summit, leveraging their extensive experience and expertise in cybersecurity to contribute to the discussions and offer insights into the evolving threat landscape. They showcased their innovative solutions and engaged with participants, reinforcing their commitment to providing advanced cybersecurity solutions in the region to both management of current corporate clients as well as to new prospective customers. While technology is a key factor is in the success of any organization’s cyberdefense environment, the leading asset in any company’s effective cybersecurity strategy are its people. "Even most advanced technology can only be as powerful as the operators who are leveraging it. Bitdefender had the fortunate opportunity to speak directly to some of the most talented people in the field ranging from Cybesercurity Defense Specialists to CIOs and Directors of some of the most prominent corporate and governmental organizations in Thailand, many of which who had expressed strong interest in Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security Solution integrated with EDR and XDR," says Bitdefender Indochina Managing Director Michal Dominic.
Comprehensive Cybersecurity Tracks for In-depth Understanding
The summit's tracks covered a wide range of cybersecurity topics, ensuring a holistic understanding of the field:
- Evolve your Cyber Security Strategy: This track explored the latest strategies and approaches for organizations to enhance their cybersecurity posture, focusing on proactive measures and threat intelligence.
- Detect, Respond, and Apply Lessons Learned: Participants delved into the intricacies of incident detection, response, and mitigation techniques. Lessons learned from previous incidents were discussed to improve incident handling procedures.
- Understand Cyber Security Trends ASEAN: This track provided valuable insights into the current and emerging cybersecurity trends in the ASEAN region. Participants gained an understanding of regional challenges and opportunities to strengthen their security measures.
- Practical Implementation of a Resilient Cyber Security Program: Attendees learned about the practical implementation of cybersecurity programs, including risk management, compliance, and incident response planning.
Immerse Yourself in a Diverse Range of Interactive Workshops
In addition to the informative tracks, the summit offered interactive workshops that allowed attendees to delve deeper into specific cybersecurity domains. The workshops covered a diverse range of topics, including:
- Data Sovereignty: Addressing the challenges and considerations surrounding data sovereignty and privacy protection.
- Governance & Compliance: Exploring best practices for governance, risk management, and compliance in cybersecurity.
- Supply Chain Security: Focusing on securing the supply chain to prevent potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Cloud Security: Understanding the unique security challenges associated with cloud computing and exploring effective security measures.
- Zero Trust: Exploring the principles and implementation of Zero Trust architecture to enhance overall cybersecurity.
- DevSecOps: Examining the integration of security practices into the development and operations process.
- Future Skills of IT Security: Highlighting the emerging skills and competencies required in the rapidly evolving field of IT security.
Prominent Speakers Share Valuable Insights
The conference program featured prominent industry speakers and thought leaders from leading organizations. Keynote addresses, panel discussions, and case studies provided valuable insights and practical knowledge to the attendees. Here is a summary of some of the speakers and their respective topics:
- Major General Teerawut Wittayakorn, Deputy Secretary-General of the NCSA, delivered the opening keynote, discussing the update on new regulations and the impact of cybersecurity in Thailand. His talk shed light on the evolving regulatory landscape and its implications for businesses and individuals.
- John Lee, Managing Director of GRF Asia-Pacific, OT-ISAC, addressed the importance of driving organizational cyber resilience in critical infrastructure industries through OT (Operational Technology) threat intelligence. Lee emphasized the significance of understanding and mitigating threats in OT environments to ensure the robustness of critical systems.
- Dr. Chalee Vorakulpipat, Director of the Center of Research and Development at the Office of Personal Data Protection Committee (PDPC) and Principal Researcher at NECTEC, discussed the establishment of standards and compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) in the cybersecurity realm. His talk focused on benchmarking and ensuring PDPA compliance across various business sectors.
- Oren Maguid, Regional VP for APAC/MEA at Votiro, presented on SOC 101 - Trust No Files. Maguid shed light on the fundamental principles of Security Operations Centers (SOC) and the necessity of adopting a zero-trust approach when dealing with files. His talk emphasized the need to exercise caution and vigilance in file-based cyber threats.
- Chaiyasid Paradeevisut, CEO of EmpowerAll, and Andrew Chang, Advisory Solution Consultant, Security & Risk at Servicenow, jointly discussed rethinking SecOps strategies. They highlighted the challenges faced by security teams in prioritizing threats and vulnerabilities, leaving businesses exposed. Their talk aimed to provide insights into improving SecOps practices and enhancing overall cybersecurity posture.
As Bitdefender Indochina continues to innovate and collaborate with industry peers, its presence at the Smart Cybersecurity Summit Thailand 2023 serves as a testament to its ongoing efforts to combat the ever-evolving cybersecurity challenges faced by organizations and individuals worldwide.